From 1991, to Right Now, St. James Plantation was a labor of love. The idea of visionary Homer Wright, St. James was created with the help of business partner John Atkinson and developer Claude Smith in the early 1980s.
Homer Wright knew this beautiful property was the right place, at the right time.
Wright recognized the need for attractive retirement communities, and began a journey to find the perfect place to retire. When a friend told him about several hundred lush wooded acres for sale near Southport, NC, Wright saw it and fell in love. It was the core of what was to become over 6,000 acres of coastal living at its best. Read more
Contact Us: Why wait? Find out more right now!
- #1 Selling Community in the Coastal Carolinas since 1995
- Named a Green Golf Community by Golf Course Home® Network, 2008
- All four St. James courses have been certified as Audubon Cooperative Sanctuaries by Audubon International
- Reserve Club - voted “Best New Course in North Carolina”
- The Founders Club, Players Club and Members Club have all been voted 'Best Places to Play' by Golf Digest
- Among the 'Top 100 Amenity Communities' by Where To Retire